Flight and ground package that allows you to visit Brooks Falls and experience world-famous bear viewing in Katmai National Park.
BROOKS FALLS BEAR VIEWING COMBO – PORT ALSWORTH
World Famous Bear Viewing in Katmai & Visitor Center Tour in Lake Clark
- Each aircraft holds a maximum of 5 passengers.
- Groups of 6 or more will be split into two aircrafts.
- Current aircraft passenger/weight restrictions may further limit load, and may result in split parties.
- Seating requests are not guaranteed.
- Price per Person
Discover the Bears of Brooks Falls and explore the Lake Clark Visitor Center!
Brooks Camp and Brooks Falls are among the most famous sites for bear viewing in the world. Located in the heart of Katmai National Park, guests from across the globe come to watch Alaskan Brown Bears fishing for salmon in the Brooks River. Try to get that quintessential photo of a brown bear catching a salmon as it jumps a waterfall. Wander the platforms, boardwalks, and ground trails in the area. Take in the spectacular beauty that Katmai National Park has to offer. While this tour is not guided, the Katmai Rangers are posted throughout the area should you have any questions or would like more information. Expect to walk approximately 2 miles on even gravel trails and boardwalks. The bear activity can be experienced all over the area, but activity is abundant in the river, and viewing is available from raised platforms above Brooks Falls for optimum photos.
After exploring Brooks Falls, we’ll board the aircraft and fly over Katmai National Park and Lake Clark National Park, making our descent into Port Alsworth, which is the home of the visitor center for Lake Clark National Park. You will have the opportunity to get your passport stamped, explore the exhibits, and snap a picture by the national park sign.
This opportunity allows you to explore both Katmai National Park and Lake Clark National Park from the air and on land.
- Dress warmly and bring rain gear (including jacket and pants). Do not expect the weather to be the same where we go as it is in Homer. Layers are great. So are hats and gloves.
- Wear good walking shoes.
- Bring lunch and water.
- Bring your camera!
- Binoculars are recommended, as is bug repellent.
- Do not bring pepper spray or firearms, or bear bells.